Tuesday, March 6, 2012

RIP Romeo ♥

You all remember Romeo from when we first saw him living in the "air conditioner enclosure", utterly neglected.  His sister Valentina made it out to rescue.  At that time we didn't have a foster home available for Romeo but we starting looking.  Then the owner said he'd found Romeo a home.  We didn't know if he was sold, given away or what.  A week or so later we found Romeo, chained next door.  A chained puppy!  Fortunately this time we had a rescue group with a foster home available and off he went.

Over the weekend Romeo came down with Parvo, the dreaded disease that can strike with lightening speed.  And it did.  Within 3 hours of showing symptoms Romeo was at the vet's office.  Everything was done for him.  Sometimes despite everyone's best efforts, there's a higher power at work.  Romeo passed away this morning. 

He wasn't in foster care long, only about a week.  In that time though, Romeo got to experience all the things a puppy needs; good food, a warm bed, fresh clean water, toys and the freedom to run & play.  But best of all Romeo got to experience love and lots of it.  Romeo was truly loved by the lady who rescued him and his foster mom.   

This sweet boy will be missed.  We send our prayers as he crosses the bridge. 

3 comments:

  1. I wanted only the Very BEST for you Little Man...My greatest regret is that I didn't take you sooner...I am happy that you had the opportunity to play with your Sister one last time and spend a great week with your loving Foster Mom and her pack and know what it felt to be a loved dog. My heart is broken, but I know you are in the best home ever now. You will need for nothing where you are. Run free with the Angels Baby. Till we see you again, be in Peace Romeo. I will miss you with all my heart. I Love you Little Man. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run free, Romeo. My Maryah is there. She's only been there since Feb. 15th, but I'm sure she can still show you around. ('') <3 ('')

    ReplyDelete
  3. What??? OMG. Poor fella. At least he was loved and didn't die alone on the end of a CHAIN.

    ♥ Romeo ♥

    ReplyDelete